Does this only happen sometimes?  “the databaseContext's active editingContext”
is referring to the active EC, which is transactional (e.g. set at the start of
an EOF operation and cleared at the end).  If the code is calling into EOF
without locking, it might result in this.

From: Ricardo Parada <rpar...@mac.com>
Date: Tuesday, September 20, 2016 at 3:19 PM
To: Chuck Hill <ch...@gevityinc.com>
Cc: "webobjects-dev@lists.apple.com" <webobjects-dev@lists.apple.com>
Subject: Re: Cannot obtain globalId for an object which...

Hi Chuck,

I followed the steps of the code and I noticed that the object containing the
to-many relationship in question is being local instanced in a peer editing
context. The to-many is still an array fault which has not been triggered.

Then when the object in the original context has its to-many triggered, i.e.
by calling:

        analysis.groupings().count();

Where analysis is the EO and groupings() is the to-many then the exception is
generated.

It appears to have that if I trigger the to-many early on then the exception is
avoided.

Anyways, I will experiment a little bit more with the problem and report back.
I don't recall seeing something like this before and I local instance objects
from one editing context to another all the time.

Thanks

On Sep 20, 2016, at 5:21 PM, Chuck Hill