Chuck,

> On 20. 9. 2016, at 10:48 PM, Chuck Hill <ch...@gevityinc.com> wrote:
>
> This is why they are getting inserted again:
> Well, logging out
> "currentUser.editingContext().committedSnapshotForObject(currentUser)['userDataBlock']"
>  before saveChanges, I get an empty array. I must admit I don't know whether
> there should be the relationship objects in this snapshot, but anyway:
>
> It should not be an empty array.  EOF compares this and the relationship on
> the EO to determine what database operations are needed.

I see.

> I’d start with logging that out just after you fetch/fault currentUser into
> ec (you don’t show that below).  If it is empty there, then keep logging to
> see where the data disappears.  At this point, I am not ready to guess.

The thing seems empty all the time. Weird. Here's what I log fetch-time:

===
def cbc=.... // the business case whose users are about to be fetched
println "### about to fetch $cbc...\noldSS
${cbc.editingContext().committedSnapshotForObject(cbc).userDataBlocks}"
def xxx=cbc.userDataBlocks()
println "### -> did fetch $xxx\nnewSS
${cbc.editingContext().committedSnapshotForObject(cbc).userDataBlocks}"
xxx.each { println "### user $it\n### rel ${it.dataBlockUsers()}\n###   ss
${it.editingContext().committedSnapshotForObject(it).dataBlockUsers}" }
===

Presumably, the “oldSS” should be empty, but the “newSS” should be a copy of
the relationship value (i.e., “cbc.userDataBlocks()”, or “xxx”)?

It is not; the snapshot consistently stays empty:

===
### about to fetch <DBDataBlock@d6ff2f9 PK:1000003 Title:'überblok'
/EC:6350cea5>...
oldSS []
### -> did fetch [<DBUser@6f400a99 PK:1000005 T:'3' Name:'cl' /EC:6350cea5>,
<DBUser@5f8a5755 PK:1000006 T:'3' Name:'c2' /EC:6350cea5>, <DBUser@569a703e
PK:1000009 T:'4' Name:'kl kl kl' /EC:6350cea5>]
newSS []
===

Aside of that, I have added a log into the
DatabaseContextDelegate.databaseContextShouldUpdateCurrentSnapshot method, and
here I *never* get *anything* for the relationships: neither the old (which is
presumable) *nor the new* dictionary ever contain the “userDataBlocks” or
“dataBlockUsers” key — not once.

Well it still might be a wrong model settings as Samuel suggests perhaps? But
it is sort of weird I use this settings for years and lots of M:N's, and this
is the first time I have bumped into this kind of problems.

Can you see what to check next?

Thanks a very big lot,
OC