On 29 Sep 2016, at 7:31 PM, Chuck Hill <ch...@gevityinc.com> wrote:

>>> Backtracking?
>>
>> I can’t seem to reproduce it in development using backtracking, but _who
>> knows_ what the users are doing in real life.
>
> Amen brother! Is The object in question ever deleted?

Potentially, but can’t be deleted by the user that’s seeing this error. So it
could have been deleted by _someone else_ quite definitely, though in another
EC.

> It could be somebody backtracking to before a deletion and then doing
> something else. I don't see how else it could have a null editing context.

I’ll see if I can simulate that.

> Or perhaps an inserted object and it gets reverted and then they backtrack
> over that?

Don’t think that’s happening.

>>> When do you dispose of the EC?
>>
>> I don’t formally dispose of it. I just let it eventually fall out of scope
>> and get GC’d. Is that a bad idea?
>
> No but seems the right thing to do. I was just trying to understand how it
> was getting a null editing context

When should you normally explicitly dispose() an EC? That’s really not
something I do very much of at all.

--
Paul Hoadley
http://logicsquad.net/