>>> I don’t formally dispose of it. I just let it eventually fall out of scope
>>> and get GC’d. Is that a bad idea?
>>
>> No but seems the right thing to do. I was just trying to understand how it
>> was getting a null editing context
>
> When should you normally explicitly dispose() an EC? That’s really not
> something I do very much of at all.

Hi Paul,

It helps to free up memory sooner than waiting for GC.
I used it in the RR loop or when you have a big number to objects to manipulate
(export job or whatever) if you can’t do raw sql. Rather than having a single
ec, you can can dispose and create a new one every batch of x EOS.

I used this piece of code all the time:

EOEditingContext ec = newEditingContext();
ec.lock();
try     {
} catch (Exception e) {
  log.error("method: blabla ", e);