Folks,

I have a customer insisting in deploying Wonder apps under Windows Server. We
are having a weird problem here:

Setup: Installed WebObjects Runtime 5.4.3 outofthebox into C:\Apple

We have a very old Wonder app that has been built under ProjectBuilder on
Windows XP. It does not include the JavaWebObjects Frameworks but relies on the
installed runtime env. We can start this application from the command line. It
dumps the classpath we expect referencing the WebObjects runtime but uses the
Wonder frameworks from its local .woa/Contents/Frameworks. We can connect
directly and the application seems to run so far (could not yet try the
database connection).

We have a second Wonder app that is a lot more modern using Wonder 6 with
ModernLook. This app has been built on a Mac and is self-contained. The dumped
classpath looks ok and all references go into Content/Frameworks. No references
to anything runtime env. However when we try to connect the app does not
respond. When I connect via telnet client and simply type some garbage the app
dumps a "InvalidRequestParameter" exception to the console (that makes sense).

My big question is: Why does a self-contained app not come up, whereas the very
old runtime dependant one does work? As I am not a Windows guy I am at a loss
here. All apps have been deployed on MacMinis running Mavericks without a
problem. Customer simply copied the tar.gz builds from the Mac over to the
Windows box. Do I have to build on Windows???

Wonder Monitor and Wonder wotaskd can be startet and accept connect requests.
They both are self-contained as well.

Where would you look for differences?

Thanks for anything - grasping at straws

---markus---