Hi Ted,

Just on backups and PostgreSQL, it's maybe worth noting that as well as
backups in the RDS space, it's trivial to also use traditional 'backup'
and 'restore' functionality, if you need to move, replicate, backup
on-premise, etc.

I wont be drawn into any flavour-distro wars (!), suffice to say Amazon
linux meets out requirements.

Regards,

Matt

--