Hello,

Let’s say I have a Page component. On this page is a subcomponent, MyText, that
looks like this in Page’s template:

<wo:MyText value="$item.content" />

And then MyText itself is just this:

<wo:text value="$^value"></wo:text>

Item.content is a String, and allowsNull is N in the model. So, obviously, it’s
a candidate for automatic EOF property validation on form submission. When I
leave the textarea blank and submit, validationFailedWithException() is called
on the page—great.

But that’s not quite what MyText looks like—say I need to do other things with
the bound string. So it actually looks like this:

<wo:text value="$value"></wo:text>

and has a couple of accessor methods instead:

    public String value() {
        return stringValueForBinding("value");
    }

    public void setValue(String value) {
        setValueForBinding(value, "value");
    }

Now, when I submit a blank textarea, validationFailedWithException() is _not_
called on the page. What’s going on here? What have I stomped on? How do I
trigger automatic property validation with a component like this?

--
Paul Hoadley
http://logicsquad.net/