From: Soles, James T
Sent: Tuesday, May 30, 2017 2:17 PM
To: 'Theodore Petrosky'
Cc: webobjects-dev@lists.apple.com
Subject: RE: [E] Re: Looking for a 64 bit WOAdaptor for Apache 2.4

Ted,

Thanks again for all of your help with this.  I’ve spent some time reading the
links you provided and trying to work through some of the issues I’ve had when
trying to build but keep getting stuck.  I’ve gotten the Wonder code downloaded
and the build gets through much of the process but fails with an error when it
starts trying to link.  I’ve tried a number of options related to the libtool
but none have been successful.  This may be an issue with some of my versions
of other package I have installed but I’m just not sure what to try next.

I am actually trying to build an Apache 2.4 64 bit version of the adaptor for
Solaris.  I changed the make.config as you indicated below but I eventually get
the following error on the build:

/usr/share/apr-1/build-1/libtool: line 8962:
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/OSX10.11.xctoolchain/usr/bin/cc:
 No such file or directory

This is a valid error since the OSX10.11.xctoolchain/usr/bin/cc portion of that
path does not exist.  I have a
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/cc.
  From what I can tell the libtool is configured to point to the former for the
compiler though.  Unfortunately I do not have root access on the box so I can’t
create a directory or link and can’t change the libtool configuration.

Any other thoughts or ideas about how I might be able to get the 64 bit adaptor
created or do I just need to go get root access and resolve the build error?

Thanks,

Terry Soles
214-273-3916