André you are thinking too hard.

You make a mapping with the EOModel between a java object and the database.
When you fetch the entire java object is faulted in and relationships are
faulted as they are needed. You access the relationships and attributes of the
java object.

If you really want to fetch individual things by hand… sometimes this makes
sense… then try “rawRowsForSQL()”

AARON ROSENZWEIG / Chat 'n Bike <http://www.chatnbike.com/>
e:  aa...@chatnbike.com <mailto:aa...@chatnbike.com>  t:  (301) 956-2319