De : Dev WO via Webobjects-dev [mailto:webobjects-dev@lists.apple.com]
Envoyé : jeudi 14 mai 2020 09:52
À : WebObjects Development
Objet : [Tomcat] - Resources referenced in CSS not displayed

Hi list,

I’m struggling with something Tomcat related:
My application’s CSS is working except for referenced items like a background
image or a font.
What I have so far:
-The images and font are present inside the same folder, everything is
correctly deployed under Tomcat and all files are there after Tomcat expand the
war
-No mismatch of case sensitivity for file names either inside the CSS or on the
filesystem
-Everything is working as expected when running from Eclipse or under
WOMonitor/wotaskd

Just as a side note, I don’t really have a say on the deployment (Tomcat), all
static resources must be served through Tomcat and not “split” with a web
server. Customer skills is zero, Deploy/undeploy under Tomcat Manager is
already “a lot” for the customer.

The deployment generates urls like:
http://localhost:8081/CloudManager/WebObjects/CloudManager.woa/wr/wodata=/usr/local/apache-tomcat-9.0.29/webapps/CloudManager/WEB-INF/CloudManager.woa/Contents/WebServerResources/defaultscreen.css
for the CSS, which is ok and working
the CSS has relative path like

@font-face {
  src: url('fonts/ysiweb.woff') format('woff');
…
}
and for the background image
… background-image: url(images/logo.png)…

In the browser’s inspector, I can see the logo.png and .woff font, but even if
they get a 200 status, they actually have no content (transfer size of 175B for
both in the web inspector)
The urls are:
http://localhost:8081/CloudManager/WebObjects/CloudManager.woa/wr/wodata=/usr/local/apache-tomcat-9.0.29/webapps/CloudManager/WEB-INF/CloudManager.woa/Contents/WebServerResources/fonts/ysiweb.woff
and
http://localhost:8081/CloudManager/WebObjects/CloudManager.woa/wr/wodata=/usr/local/apache-tomcat-9.0.29/webapps/CloudManager/WEB-INF/CloudManager.woa/Contents/WebServerResources/images/logo.png

I've tried adding the mime-types manually to the web.xml, but it’s clearly not
the issue here.

I found a thread "Tomcat deployment and CSS images” from 2013 by Miguel Torres,
but he actually changed the context-param WOAppMode to Deployment and “split”
the resources with the Web Server, something I can’t do here.

I’m lost, I don’t understand what’s the issue here.

Any help greatly appreciated:)

Thanks,

Xavier