Personally I feel better bouncing my .woa instances daily. Even if it is a
small site I have at least two instances and I gracefully cycle them on a daily
schedule. I feel better knowing that it is fresh every morning for the new day.

On the other hand, I could see an argument that a java app shouldn’t have any
memory leaks. The garbage collector should get everything. If it cannot do so,
then you’ve got something messed up in your app that you should track down and
rectify. So maybe it’s better to just leave your .woa instances running forever
until the next redeployment to get new features.

What does the community do? Do you cycle often (daily, twice per day, or once
per week) or do you leaving your instances running without a scheduled restart?

Thanks to all those who chime in :-)