Just as a thought, I look and noted I have a component rule for boolean in my
app with much the same logic at 100 priority. This suggests you’ve just got
some OTHER rule cranked up and don’t forget that rule could just be VERY strict
with greater specificity vs. priority.

100 : (smartAttribute.className = 'java.lang.Boolean' and task != 'edit') =>
componentName = ERD2WCustomDisplayBoolean
[com.webobjects.directtoweb.Assignment]