> Depending on how the working group resolves some of the issues it is
> considering, the draft will need to be substantially re-written.  For
> example, if we
> decide to use an IANA registry (as seems likely) all of the text that Philip
> commented on will be removed from the document.

I think the body of the text might say "Use the values in the IANA registry",
but that the "IANA considerations" section would contain all of the
instructions for how to set up the registry.

That is, the document would stay the authoritative source for the _initial_
contents of the registry, but updates and additions could be managed through
whatever registration process we decided on, without having to update the
document or algorithm itself.

Larry