On Thu, Dec 29, 2011 at 1:24 PM, Julian Reschke <julian.resc...@gmx.de> wrote:
> On 2011-12-29 22:18, Adam Barth wrote:
>> On Thu, Dec 29, 2011 at 1:13 PM, Julian Reschke<julian.resc...@gmx.de>
>>  wrote:
>>>
>>> It would be helpful if you were more precise on the pain it causes,
>>> considering you need to process extension directives anyway...
>>
>> We've been over this several times before.  The problem is the
>> requirement to balance DQUOTE and the complexities surrounding the
>> error conditions if the DQUOTEs don't balance properly (including
>> escaping).
>
> Yes, but you are avoiding the question I asked. Are you implementing
> quoted-string for extension parameters?

No.

Here's the grammar I recommend:

   Strict-Transport-Security = "Strict-Transport-Security" ":"
                                   directive *( ";" [ directive ] )

   directive         = max-age | includeSubDomains | STS-d-ext
   max-age           = "max-age" "=" delta-seconds
   includeSubDomains = "includeSubDomains"
   STS-d-ext     = token [ "=" token ]

I would also define the precise requirements for parsing all possible
input sequences, but I understand that's not fashionable.

Adam