On 2012-01-05 21:22, Anne van Kesteren wrote:
On Thu, 05 Jan 2012 19:06:42 +0100, Julian Reschke
<julian.resc...@gmx.de> wrote:
It is indeed messy. And I think one of the reasons it is that there
are too many different formats, and too many special cases within a
single format; thus my proposal to allow token/quoted-string for all
parameters, and not only some.

Is there some kind of overview of the formats in use and indication of
convergence? It seems you have a particular vision and it may be the
right one, but without some kind of data it's hard to see where we are.

Work-in-progress:

<http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/httpbis/trac/ticket/266>

<http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/httpbis/trac/wiki/HeaderFieldTypes>

Best regards, Julian