Hi Andrea,

On Oct 30, 2010, at 7:42 AM, Andrea Pescetti wrote:
> Andreas Mantke wrote:
>> If we want to use a CMS, we had to decide, if we want to use Plone, which
>> some of the documentation-contributors already know, or another CMS (Drupal,
>> Alfresco etc.)
>
> I never used the OOoAuthors structures intensively, but recently the Italian
> OpenOffice.org documentation team expressed their desire to see the
> infrastructure upgraded to Plone 4, for performance reasons. So they they
> were thinking of a "vertical" Plone to Plone migration rather than a complete
> migration, and I think the same would apply to documentation for LibreOffice.

Plone is a good CMS, and if it works well for the documentation team, then it
makes sense to continue using it. However, I know the focus of the OOoAuthors
project has been to produce PDFs and printed books, but there is a good reason
to also work on thorough, online, HTML documentation for LibO in the future.
(We do have the documentation wiki already:
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/ )

If you're interested in online Drupal documentation, the best example I can
recommend is the Drupal site's documentation itself:
http://drupal.org/documentation

Both in terms of workflow and final output, it meets the needs I think we have
for LibO. From a user perspective, hosting it at an easy URL like
"libreoffice.org/documentation" would be very important, and thus it should be
integrated into our core CMS.

-Ben

Benjamin Horst
bho...@mac.com