OK, it's a Firefox and CA Cert issue, and the best answer seems to be:

 "Known problem related to the free cert used.  For some reason browsers do
not accept the cert which leads to the report."

However the workaround: "(you can also use regular http if you don't want to
trust an untrusted
certificate :-)) " still gives the aforementioned warning error.

I am not paranoid about a bogus script and/or a buggy browser, or the
politics and all that, but someone needs to stand up and fix this.

Either remove the "https", get a "real" certificate, post a workaround, or
at least have a  "We know ... ignore ...  you are safe..." pre-page, or
something.

Not off to a good start for those lesser aware noobs, now aren't we, IMHO?

MRK