Hi Andreas, *,

On Wed, May 4, 2011 at 7:22 PM, Andreas Mantke <ma...@gmx.de> wrote:

> there is currently as far as I know only a static site for the upcomming
> conference.

As static as all silverstripe-managed pages - not sure what you mean
with static...

> We used for the last OOo conferences a special managing tool.

What are the reasons for a special management tools / what are the
requirements that such a tool must fulfill?

> […] I worked also with the conference tool myself
> and had to work around some issues. Thus I prefer to look for another
> conference
> managing system.

So - what are your wishes for that tool - what must that converence
management system do for you?

Create a schedule?

> I think we should in front of the call for papers look for such a conference
> managing
> system, because it will be easier to get the right start. In my opinion we
> need such
> a tool because we had to manage presentation slots, attendes, rooms etc.
> later.
> That's much easier with such a tool.

Well, as I don't have any experience with conference tools, I'd like
to hear more of those requirements...

ciao
Christian