Hi Bernhard, *,

On Thu, Jun 2, 2011 at 2:24 PM, Bernhard Dippold
<bernh...@familie-dippold.at> wrote:
> Hi Christian, all,
>
> Christian Lohmaier schrieb:
>>
>> [...]
>>
>> When I talk about "same size", I always meant the visible elements of
>> the logo, the logo itself, not the graphic container it is placed
>> within.
>>
>>> [...]
>>> I'll try to extract a logo with the main part in the same size as the
>>> present
>>> logo (IIRC this would lead to a logo height of about 97 px), so we can
>>> compare...
>>
>> Thanks a lot,
>
> The size is larger as I remembered: 132 px high.

Thanks a lot, it can be limited to only 105px of height - it then
doesn't look that bad on the page

http://frupic.frubar.net/fullsize/20011

> Please have a look if such a large header area will have a negative impact
> on reading the page:

I don't think so - it is a bit assymmetric, because the delimiter line
is not symmetric with the paper-icon, the paper-icon would be more
"centered" when using a height of 110px, but then the delimiter line
would be non-centered, so I did go for the smaller size.

> http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/File:LibO_Conference_Logo_2011Paris_color.png

If you want to play around yourself (with firefox or chormes/your
browser's web-tools):
http://pumbaa.documentfoundation.org:7780/
Change
* a#Logo to point to the conference logo change
** background to
url(../images/LibO_Conference_Logo_2011Paris_color.png) no-repeat 0 -11px
(-11px = -11pixels vertical offset, i.e. cut away the top 11 pixels
from the logo)
** height: 105px; width=517px;

* div#TopHeader
** height: 105px; /* when playing with the different offsets, just
adapting this is enough, as nothing visible is cut from the logo) */

* p#HeaderTagLine
** move it down to match the middle of the logo by padding-top: 45px;

Thanks a lot for the icon.

I'll hook it up for the conference.libreoffice.org page like this,
what mains to decide is when to show the logo (or an
additional/different one?) as promotion for the conference on other
pages.

ciao
Christian