On Sun, 2011-09-25 at 12:25 +0200, Christoph Noack wrote:
> Hi Florian, Drew, all!
>
> Am Sonntag, den 25.09.2011, 12:05 +0200 schrieb Florian Effenberger:
> > Hi Drew,
> >
> > drew wrote on 2011-09-25 08:46:
> >
> > > I've taken the liberty of changing the LibreOffice home page,
> > > specifically the URL used for the right hand banner link to:
> > >
> > > http://www.documentfoundation.org/contribution/
> > >
> > > as a short term (maybe longer?) fix.
> >
> > thanks a lot for the initiative - the donations topic really is
> > something we need to work on, but I personally miss time. :/

Hi Florian, Christoph

Yup - well, I read all those same, earlier, emails about this and
promptly sat on my hands.

I read over the challenge site again last night (early this morning) and
it really does rather make it sound like there is not much need for more
$$$ when we all know reality is always closer to:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzOidHfvOCs

> Same on my side ... but just the small comment that "contribution" (in
> terms of donating) might be misleading within a FLOSS project.

Perhaps, but I would like to apply a band aid for today :-/

Although I think there is merit in again reminding people that sweat
equity is rather important also.

> > A while ago, Bernhard or Christoph (I think the latter one, but I don't
> > recall exactly) asked me to set up donate.documentfoundation.org to be
> > used as future donations page. It exists, but points to the challenge
> > site at the moment.
>
> Yep, we discussed that ... the idea was to simply replace the "outdated"
> challenge-site link.
>
> > So, the question is, whether we want to have a subdomain or a path name.
> > I think indeed it might be easier to have www.tdf/donate as global
> > donations page, and lang-code.libreoffice.org/local-donate-translation
> > (like de.libreoffice.org/spenden or fr.libreoffice.org/donner) as local
> > donations addresses.

I could put a temporary English page, for now, on the LibreOffice site -
set to _not_ display a menu.

This morning I perused a few other sites going over their well thought
out pitches...putting a draft together and copying the paypal link
(stuff) form one of the existing pages on tdf.org should not take very
long - if that is more pleasing to folks.

//drew