I was looking at some of the templates on the LO template site. Many of the one I looked at download with no extension. Ubuntu/Firefox stated that they were .bin files. The file manager shows then as OOo files of different types, like the .otx files. Also the Hebrew Dictionary does not have an extension as well.

So is there some problems here?
Do I have to add the proper template file extension to get them to install or open correctly?

Look at the Blue half circle and the Green half circle Presentation templates. Also the LibreOffice Presentation template, plus others. Tell me what am I to do with these non-extension files.