On Thu, 21 Mar 2019 at 17:02:09 +0100, William Gathoye wrote:
>> I suppose we could
>> add some redirects to stable too, to avoid serving still ourselves.
>
> And why do we need two dedicated mirrors actually? If I understand
> correctly you/TDF did it that way to:
>
>  * only keep latest versions under CDN: i.e. download.documentfoundation
>  * and archives served by TDF directly (without CDN then): i.e.
>    downloadarchive.documentfoundation
>
> Am I correct?

Yes.

> Which solution would be possible here?
>
>  * either hardcode all the redirections (I already have the mapping
>    between the links if needed)
>  * or do you need to write some scripts to automate this process for
>    future releases in your build system? I'm willing to help if needed
>    here.

We have the >500k filenames (~117k of which starting with ‘libreoffice/stable/’,
~192k for ‘libreoffice/testing/’) ever seen by Mirrorbrain in a
database, along with their digests.

    SELECT f.path, h.sha256
      FROM filearr f JOIN hash h
        ON f.id = h.file_id
     WHERE f.path LIKE 'libreoffice/stable/%'
        OR f.path LIKE 'libreoffice/testing/%';

JOIN'ing (ON h.sha256) the result of that query with a similar one (on
downloadarchive) we should be able to populate a static map for
ngx_http_map_module.  That's likely to be more robust than a map
obtained by manually scrapping HTML :-P

I can certainly do that, but to be useful that map would need to be
automatically updated during the releng process, so I'll let cloph
decide if that's viable.

--
Guilhem.