On 3/22/19 3:55 PM, Guilhem Moulin wrote:

> Assuming a point in the future where 6.1.5, 6.2.1, and testing/6.2.2 are
> no longer served by the mirror network, but stable/6.2.2 still is:
>
>     curl -sw"%{http_code} %{redirect_url}\\n" \
>         -o/dev/null
> https://download.documentfoundation.org/libreoffice/stable/6.2.2/win/x86/LibreOffice_6.2.2_Win_x86.msi
>  \
[...]
>     302
> https://downloadarchive.documentfoundation.org/libreoffice/old/6.2.2.2/win/x86/LibreOffice_6.2.2.2_Win_x86.msi
Ok so the redirection seems to be transparent then? The
download.documentfoundation.org links won't change and everything (the
302) will be handled server-side.
> This was brought up during the Dec 2018 infra call, and rejected.  See
> the minutes for the discussion.

From my understanding, the reason hasn't be provided [1] but Cloph only
said this is already available if we do a request against the check
server (update.libreoffice.org) using a fake user agent.

I haven't been able to verify this assumption with the following command:

curl -A "some random user agent" -L http://update.libreoffice.org

[1] https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/website/msg15216.html

--
William Gathoye