On 05/02/2021 15:11, Guilhem Moulin wrote:
On Fri, 05 Feb 2021 at 14:56:07 +0100, William Gathoye (LibreOffice) wrote:

What are you trying to show?  The announce mail was sent two days ago
https://listarchives.tdf.io/i/_HIZR1uFXyDSqcBj62njq8S1 which is less
than the 1w delay agreed upon, so at this point the inconsistency is
intentional no?

Yes it is intentional. I was trying to show that even with 1 wk delay, as this way of proceeding is a bit weird in 2021 (cf. the Apple-esque way that releases everything in a synchronized way), you'll have people who complain/think the feature doesn't work :)

Which means we could tweak that update dialog and put a warning there that warns the user there is a 1wk delay between the announcement and the moment the update service made aware. Could this help in understanding the situation, do you think?

I'm just trying to think as a user, who isn't necessary aware of this (understandable) delay.

--
William Gathoye
Hyper<hack>tive volunteer for LibreOffice