We do this by putting the login (same for logout) into a module, and include
it into the scripts with !ENTITY, eg.
<!ENTITY loginPlanAdmin  SYSTEM "file:../modules/loginPlanAdmin.xml">

then where we want to invoke this we use:
&loginPlanAdmin;

This is pretty old-school, I think there's a newer and better way. But we
use 'modules' for all code that is used in more than one script, for ease of
maintenance.
-- Lisa