My team at Sun intends to bundle WebTest with a version of OpenSoaris to be released soon. We are required to use official releases of bundled products, not development builds. I can't get the latest WebTest release 2.6 to build with ant, but a recent development build R_1724 has no problem. I'm following the "Building WebTest" instructions at http://webtest.canoo.com/webtest/manual/building.html. Do I need different instructions for the older build R_1689, or do I need to satisfy different requirements for the development environment? If I should wait for the next official release, approximately when is that planned?

I posted a request for help last Thursday, but have not yet seen a reply, so I'm repeating my request. See "[Webtest] Can't build R_1689, but mostly works with latest build R_1724" http://lists.canoo.com/pipermail/webtest/2008q4/011586.html for details.

TIA for any advice. - Vaughn