Hi Vaughn,

now I understand the problem. The dataDriven code is located in an other
SVN repository and is incorporated in WebTest SVN tree using
svn:external. The problem here is that these external dependencies don't
get tagged together with the rest of the project. The only solution that
I see here is to get the PropertyTable (the original name of dataDriven)
by hand at the date of the 2.6 release.
Perhaps did you already say it but I don't remember: why do you need to
build by yourself? Aren't the archives ok?

Cheers,
Marc.
--
Web: http://www.efficient-webtesting.com
Blog: http://mguillem.wordpress.com

Vaughn Spurlin wrote:
> [...]
>     [javac]                                     ^
>     [javac]
> E:\Sun\work\WebTest\WebTest-R_1689-svn\R_1689\src\main\java\com\canoo\webtest\plugins\emailtest\EmailMessageContentFilter.java:24:
> warning: sun.misc
> .UUDecoder is Sun proprietary API and may be removed in a future release
>     [javac] import sun.misc.UUDecoder;
>     [javac]                ^
>     [javac]
> E:\Sun\work\WebTest\WebTest-R_1689-svn\R_1689\src\main\java\com\canoo\ant\table\ExcelPropertyTable.java:122:
> cannot find symbol
>     [javac] symbol  : class HSSFFormulaEvaluator
>     [javac] location: class com.canoo.ant.table.ExcelPropertyTable
>     [javac]             final HSSFFormulaEvaluator evaluator = new
> HSSFFormulaEvaluator(sheet, workbook);
>     [javac]                   ^
>     [javac]
> E:\Sun\work\WebTest\WebTest-R_1689-svn\R_1689\src\main\java\com\canoo\ant\table\ExcelPropertyTable.java:122:
> cannot find symbol
>     [javac] symbol  : class HSSFFormulaEvaluator
>     [javac] location: class com.canoo.ant.table.ExcelPropertyTable
>     [javac]             final HSSFFormulaEvaluator evaluator = new
> HSSFFormulaEvaluator(sheet, workbook);
>     [javac]                                                        ^
>     [javac]
> E:\Sun\work\WebTest\WebTest-R_1689-svn\R_1689\src\main\java\com\canoo\webtest\plugins\emailtest\EmailMessageContentFilter.java:125:
> warning: sun.mis
> c.UUDecoder is Sun proprietary API and may be removed in a future release
>     [javac]             final UUDecoder uudc = new UUDecoder();
>     [javac]                   ^
>     [javac]
> E:\Sun\work\WebTest\WebTest-R_1689-svn\R_1689\src\main\java\com\canoo\webtest\plugins\emailtest\EmailMessageContentFilter.java:125:
> warning: sun.mis
> c.UUDecoder is Sun proprietary API and may be removed in a future release
>     [javac]             final UUDecoder uudc = new UUDecoder();
>     [javac]                                        ^
>     [javac] Note: Some input files use or override a deprecated API.
>     [javac] Note: Recompile with -Xlint:deprecation for details.
>     [javac] 3 errors
>     [javac] 3 warnings
>
> Vaughn
>

> Vaughn Spurlin wrote:
>> Hi Marc,
>>
>> We will proceed with WebTest 2.6 for now, to meet our schedule. It
>> will be easy enough to upgrade to WebTest 3.0 when it's available.
>>
>> I will follow your advice for building R_1689, and ask for help with
>> specific points if necessary.
>>
>> Thanks! - Vaughn
>>
>> Marc Guillemot wrote:
>>> Hi Vaughn,
>>>
>>> thinking at it again, I believe that the next release will be first
>>> available in the beginning of January. The reason is that it has to be
>>> 3.0 due to the upgrade from Java 1.4 to Java 5 and it is worth waiting
>>> for coming release 2.4 of HtmlUnit that provides (as usual) a lot of