Hi, I'm looking into the capabilities of WebTest, HtmlUnit and Rhino. I'm not sure where the capabilities stop in one product and start in another, especially between HtmlUnit and WebTest. I'm an experienced Rhino user, so I know pretty well what it can do, but I don't know some things about what HtmlUnit and WebTest add on top of that.

Here are some features I need in my browser simulation that I'm wondering what the support is in WebTest and HtmlUnit:

1) Cookies and sessions. Is there a way to persist a session cookie to a file or database from within either of the products, so I can resume a 'browser' session later at a site? That will help me test things like time-outs, etc.

2) Logging. I've read and understand that both products have logging and reporting, but I don't understand the line of distinction between the two. I know what kind of logging I can get directly from Rhino. What type of additional logging is available by HtmlUnit, and then what does WebTest do with that or add to that?

3) Is there a link of features somewhere or a pretty chart that I missed that says on a high level what does what in each of the three layers of execution? If there was something like that out there, it would really help me with determining whether I just want to use HtmlUnit and build a front end to it, or whether I should use WebTest.

Thanks,
Daniel Gibby
//