Hi Daniel,

1) Cookies and sessions
Cookies are maintained by HtmlUnit (in fact by commons-httpclient).
There is currently no facility to persist this information. This would
definitively make sense for me (and in fact this belongs to the list of
improvements that I want to do but for which I haven't found time).

2) Logging: I don't know what you mean.
Reporting: this is WebTest that collects the information (mainly from
HtmlUnit) to generate rich reports.

3) no chart available.
- Rhino: used by HtmlUnit to execute the JS code found in HTML page.
Remember that Rhino is "only" a JavaScript engine what means that all
objects specific to a browser are provided by HtmlUnit
- HtmlUnit: you can simply consider it as a browser
- WebTest: it drives the browser and generate reports. A few parts of
WebTest could perhaps be moved to HtmlUnit, like support for Excel or
PDF documents
You can surely use HtmlUnit directly or use an other tool built on
HtmlUnit. Even if I'm the lead developer of HtmlUnit, I personally
rarely use it directly for functional tests: it's too low level and
WebTest allows you a far better productivity.

Concerning images:
Most of the time WebTest (in fact HtmlUnit) doesn't load images because
these are mostly static content that just makes tests more slow and it
doesn't add any value to the tests when images are downloaded (ok, this
is the general case, some exceptions exist).

Cheers,
Marc.
--
Web: http://www.efficient-webtesting.com