On Fri, 2003-01-17 at 17:29, Stuart Donaldson wrote:
> Several of you have been doing some follow-ups on bugs and patches, and
> some miscelaneous cleanups and reviews.  I wanted to thank you for doing
> a great job.

And thank you very much for actually getting stuff done -- 0.8 is way
overdue, but it's been waiting for someone to actually put it together.

> This is a follow up with those of you that have been looking at the CVS
> snapshots, as well as those developers still working on things to see
> where you are.
>
> For example, Ian was going to do a review on the
> serverSideInfoForRequestNewAlgorithm code, and had also been doing some
> documentation.  Is there anything you want to try and get in before I
> cut the 0.8 beta branch?  Geoff?  Chuck?  Anybody else?

I still have to look through serverSideInfo*.  I started
reviewing/rewriting the InstallGuide last night, I'm about 1/3 of the
way through so far.  Some of the other incomplete documentation probably
shouldn't go into the release, but we should find a place on the website
for it, and make a reference to that in the release documentation.  The
documentation that's really release-tied will be the InstallGuide and
the not-yet-existent reference documentation.

Specifically, ApplicationDevelopment, Developing, and Tutorial shouldn't
go in the release.  UsersGuide can, mostly because it's actually really
short, so I don't see it being updated a lot in the future (except for
accuracy).

> I have a few things I want to address, as well as removing PSPReader,
> and ModPythonAppServer, and updating version numbers, and release notes,
> and much of the other stuff in the release procedures.

Version numbers show up in the documentation a lot, and probably some
doc strings and whatnot.  I think we should replace specific references
with some marker ($$VERSION$$ ?), and then use a script to replace them
for the release.

  Ian