On Mon, 2003-01-20 at 01:52, Stuart Donaldson wrote:
> I have taken a pass through the documentation, and updated some things
> based on CVS changelog information.
>
> A key area of the documentation I feel unqualified to address very far,
> is the Future section of WebKit in particular.  This has many issues
> listed, but some may no longer be applicable, or may now be incorrectly
> stated.
>
> Any chance one of you developers with a longer history with Webware
> could take a look at Future.html and perhaps elaborate a little on some
> of the points if they are still relavent, and remove the comments which
> are no longer relavent?

I don't think the document should be in the release at all.  The release
isn't timely, it's a snapshot of development, and a Future/TODO isn't
useful if it's not timely.  Many of the items there are implemented, or
no longer a priority.

I think it should be on the wiki or in a documents section on the
website or something like that.

> Also, I noticed as I went back over the Release Procedures a few minutes
> ago that I had jumped the gun from the suggested process of starting
> with alpha releases.  If you think we're not at the stage to go with a
> beta-1 release, let me know and I'll switch back.  However the
> impression I have from comments of others is that there seems to be a
> relatively high level of confidence state of the CVS trunk.

No, beta seems good.  Mostly I think we need to test the packaging and
installation procedures (including the installation instructions).  The
rest is fairly conservative changes, or changes that have been in use
for quite some time.

--
Ian Bicking           Colorstudy Web Development
[EMAIL PROTECTED]   http://www.colorstudy.com