--- Stuart Donaldson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Is there anyone with Webware running under Windows that can do a
> quick
> check on the CVS snapshot?  I am doing all my work under Linux and
> need
> a confirmation from a Windows user that it is there.
>
> Also, Can I get a MiddleKit user to confirm operation as well.

I downloaded Webware from CVS this evening (2003-01-20) and installed
it on my Windows/me system.  No problems to report, I use MiddleKit as
well, no problems there either.

I did have a problem when I copied the newer version of mod_webkit.dll
over to my Apache 1.3.26 modules directory. I copied the 61KB version
from mod_webkit/. I received a message to the effect:

Syntax error on line 244 of C:/Program Files/Apache
Group/Apache/conf/httpd.conf:
Cannot load C:/Program Files/Apache Group/Apache/modules/mod_webkit.dll
into service: (31) A device attached to the system is not functioning.

My line 245 was/is:

LoadModule webkit_module modules/mod_webkit.dll
#AddModule mod_webkit.c

...which seems to be the same as required in the updated docs. The
AddModule mod_webkit.c has been commented out because it gives a
warning message (using the March, 2002 version of mod_webkit.dll):

[warn] module mod_webkit.c is already added, skipping

Uncommenting the AddModule line didn't change the syntax error mesage.

Roger Haase