Frank Barknecht wrote:
> One important "older OS" to me and I guess to many others is Debian
> stable, which is in use on many webservers out there. I would like to
> see Webware not require any Python that is not in Debian stable at the
> time of release.

The same applies to the Enterprise distributions like RHEL or SLES which
always lag behind. SLES 10 with Python 2.4 is only available since one
month or so. Maybe we can go with 2.4 anyway. It would help a lot.

Another idea: Maybe we should couple the move to Python 2.4 with finally
jumping to Webware 1.0. We could then also remove all deprecated stuff,
and maybe even move to something like easy_install for the installer.
Bugfixes could still be done in the 0.9.x branch.

-- Christoph