At 09:37 PM 7/5/2001 -0700, John Reese wrote:
>Sure nuff, CountVisits and SecureCountVisits work fine on IE, as on NN
>4.6.
>
>The rundown is thus:
>CountVisits and SecureCountVisits, WebWare 0.5
>======
>works with IE 6.0
>works with NN 4.6
>does not work with Mozilla 0.9.1 for PowerPC; cookies appear not to be
>   recognized

So this is either a flat out Mozilla bug, or WebKit is doing something
"non-standard/typical" with cookies that IE & NN are forgiving of, but
Mozilla is not.

I'm not a Mozilla person myself and tend to lean towards "standard is as
standard does". So if IE & NN can deal with it, especially the old NN 4.6,
I'm inclined to be satisfied and expect Mozilla to either fix the bug, or
broaden its horizons.

However, if anyone were to present a cookie format that worked for all 3
browsers, I would certainly accept that.

Possibly related, I have noticed that when I go between multiple WebKit
sites, they often consider my session to be expired, which is probably due
to the session id cookie being considered invalid. I wasn't really
expecting multiple WebKit sites to share the same cookie space. This is a
problem that needs further investigation, and perhaps the eventual solution
will make Mozilla happy.

-Chuck