I thought I sent in a bug email to the list last week but I can't find
it now.  Anyway, I think it _might_ explain this problem.  In
ThreadedAppServer there is a generic exception handler around
handleRequest that caught this problem when it happened but I don't know
if it left the threads or sockets in a bad state.

The lines that call conn.recv, lines 351 and 361 and maybe others, don't
have exception handlers and I saw them raise an error when the browser
terminated the connection.  The generic handler around handleRequest
printed the error but conn.close() wasn't called as is normally the
case.  So, exception handling around the socket calls might solve the
problem.

-Jeff