Clark,

I am unable to reproduce the "Webware death" problem at home on my Linux
Mandrake 8.1 box.  Whenever I cancel a long, large servlet prematurely, the
exception handler get triggered due to the broken pipe, as you would expect.
But nothing crashes.

The StreamOut Error:  (10053, 'Software caused connection abort') message you
see on Windows NT is also normal.  In fact, the exception handler should be
modified so that it simply ignores that message -- that's just what you get
on Windows instead of EPIPE when the connection is canceled.

So I'm now 98% convinced that this is an OS bug, not a Webware bug or Python
bug (I'm also using Python 2.1.1).  I would suggest trying a newer version of
Linux.

- Geoff