On Fri, Apr 19, 2002 at 12:14:15PM -0400, Jeff Johnson wrote:
> > On Fri, Apr 19, 2002 at 12:29:23PM -0000, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> > > I just wanted nicer ways of accessing XML information through the
> > > DOM API but without all the usual messing about handling
> XML
> > data
> > > which isn't interesting - spurious text sections and so on. One
> problem
> > with
> > > the DOM API is that to use it effectively, there's a lot of
> explaining
> > to do.
> >
> > Have you considered pyRXP?  I haven't used it yet but it looks very
> > intriguing.  It converts the document to a native Python
> > tuple/list/dictionary structure rather than DOM, making it far easier
> > go through and grab whatever data you want.
> >
> > http://www.reportlab.com/xml/pyrxp.html
>
> I haven't checked out pyrxp yet but have you all tried XPath?  It's
> really easy to access XML info with it.

No, what's xpath?  ...  Hmm, Parnassus lists three xpath packages (xml_indexer,
a 4Suite tool, and PyXPath).  Which do you recommend?
http://www.vex.net/parnassus/apyllo.py?so=d&find=xpath

--
-Mike (Iron) Orr, [EMAIL PROTECTED]  (if mail problems: [EMAIL PROTECTED])
   http://iron.cx/     English * Esperanto * Russkiy * Deutsch * Espan~ol