Geoffrey Talvola [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> If Webware used some sort of process pool instead of a
> thread pool, and served only one request per process, this
> wouldn't be as much of a problem.

It could be interesting to investigate the tantalising, but still apparently obscure,
POSH (poshmodule.sf.net) mechanism for sharing data between processes in an apparently
"thread-like" fashion. Sadly, I don't have the time (or mandate) to look into that,
but it could address the various scalability and reliability complaints that have come
up, at least if it didn't disrupt the programming model employed by most Webware
applications too much.

On a more mundane level, I should really send some patches in around "classic" CGI
environment variables, and possibly around URLs and paths, although I imagine that Ian
Bicking's work probably conflicts with the latter somewhat.

Paul