From: Moya Gray [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, November 10, 2003 12:02 PM
To: WEDI SNIP Security Workgroup List
Subject: RE: FTC Security Rule

Walter

Your email message is most appropriate.  The impact of Sarbanes-Oxley has
yet to be assessed in combination with GLB, HIPAA and the regs being put out
by all the federal agencies.

I have, for a very long time now, advocated repeal of all these various laws
in favor of one umbrella privacy/security law.  Thisi multiple compliance
problem is far most costly than HIPAA alone and will cause more and more
problems.

Moya T. D. Gray, J.D.
1283 Honokahua Street
Honolulu, Hawaii  96825
808-381-3732
808-396-6731
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

---
The WEDI SNIP listserv to which you are subscribed is not moderated. The discussions
on this listserv therefore represent the views of the individual participants, and do
not necessarily represent the views of the WEDI Board of Directors nor WEDI SNIP. If
you wish to receive an official opinion, post your question to the WEDI SNIP Issues
Database at http://snip.wedi.org/tracking/.   These listservs should not be used for
commercial marketing purposes or discussion of specific vendor products and services.
They also are not intended to be used as a forum for personal disagreements or
unprofessional communication at any time.

You are currently subscribed to wedi-security as: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To unsubscribe from this list, go to the Subscribe/Unsubscribe form at
http://subscribe.wedi.org or send a blank email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
If you need to unsubscribe but your current email address is not the same as the
address subscribed to the list, please use the Subscribe/Unsubscribe form at
http://subscribe.wedi.org