(Busy weekend - I hope to get a 'first cut' version out shortly)

I'm using the SETUP packet to get the units. At the moment I only read that
packet when the driver start (i.e. if you change anything on the console
you would need to 'bounce' Weewx to pick them up) but in principle there is
nothing to stop you making this query each time around the loop or every so
often.

The 'choice of units' I was talking about was more the 'usunits' item in
the packet.

Susan