Tom Keffer <tkef...@gmail.com> writes:

> 1. The document outlining the goals and strategies of V5 has been updated.
> https://github.com/weewx/weewx/wiki/Version-5

IMHO python >= 3.8 is good enough for a few months from now but I don't
use Laggard Term Stable :-)   dropping <= 3.6 and 2.7 is good.

> 2. New document on strategies for installing WeeWX using pip:
> https://github.com/weewx/weewx/wiki/pip-install-strategies

It seems obvious that extensions should use the same pip strategy and
depend on weewx.   Yes, need to cope until they are updated, but need to
push them to align.

> I'd really like some feedback on this one. Did I miss any viable
> approaches? I'm leaning towards using pipx to do the install, although I
> could be talked into other approaches.

It should be easy to choose a different place for what is "etcdir" and
"vardir" where the config and db and html output live.  They should be
able to be separate.  skin/conf should be able to be on a ro fs.

I think 'weewx-data' is an artifact of the previous install and would be
separate config and state were we starting fresh.