Your database is set up with US units, but you are trying to put  METRIC
into it.

What does your section [StdConvert] look like in weewx.conf? Did you change
it?

What the driver sends out does not matter (so long as it is correct!). It
is the job of the StdConvert service to convert it into the unit system
used by the database.

-tk