Steve and Matthew: I am still working on my detector and am continuing to
follow this thread.

One of the problems I have been having is many false positives, so I
decided to change the "calibration" parameter. It started as 6, I then
changed it to 8. I did these changes within weewx.conf under [AS3935]. When
I look at weewx/bin/user/as3935.py I see that the calibration figure is
still 6. My question is do I only change the parameters under weewx.conf or
do I also (or only) change as3935.py?

Another question is, should I change "indoors" to "outdoors" under
as3935.py?

Thanks, Steve