Filter was an issue because the class Consumer init function uses
pcap_filter:
def __init__(self, parser, mode='listen',
 address=DEFAULT_ADDR, port=DEFAULT_PORT, handler=None,
 iface=DEFAULT_IFACE, pcap_filter=DEFAULT_FILTER):

but you are still using filter as an argument name in the __main function__
device = InterceptorDriver.DEVICE_TYPES.get(options.device_type)(
 mode=options.mode,
 iface=options.iface, filter=options.filter,
 address=options.addr, port=options.port)

and class InterceptorDriver init only passes in stn_dict when the conf file
is used, so it resolves the conf file name directly:
self._device = self.DEVICE_TYPES.get(self._device_type)(**stn_dict)

If we use pcap_filter in the consumer class init, then we have to use the
same argument names in the other places too.