Hello,
I have just purchased a wrm300 and have been lead to this thread by similar
problems.
I am in Australia, where they supply the European model.
I have connected the station to my windows 7 PC and verified communication
seems to work with the supplied software.

My server is CentOS 6.8, and so I used the redhat instructions and
installed the weewx-3.6.2-1.rhel.noarch
I configured it to use mysql storage and assigned the station at the same
time. The mysql tables are created OK, but nothing is written.

I had the same error messages as Roland reported in the first post, except
that I do not see the "station does not report reading the time" message.

Installed packages:
kernel-3.18.41-20.el6.x86_64  (from Xen repo), although I am not currently
booting Xen.
libusb1-1.0.9-0.7.rc1.el6.x86_64
libusb-0.1.12-23.el6.x86_64

Pyusb from easy_install, looks like it is v1.0.0

I copied in wrm300.py v0.15rc2, as described above, and, running
PYTHONPATH=. python weewx/drivers/wmr300.py

I now get:

> Nov 12 13:55:19 x wmr300[13744]: wmr300: driver version is 0.15rc2
> Nov 12 13:55:19 x wmr300[13744]: wmr300: Found station at bus= device=
> Nov 12 13:55:19 x wmr300[13744]: wmr300: usb failure: [Errno 110]
> Operation timed out

The null entries for bus and filename look to be from usb.legacy, where
they are simply populated with empty strings.
Note, the timeout (and exit) is almost immediate - always the same second.