Here's the log output when it tries to connect to the remote FTP host:

Nov 12 09:00:20 WeatherPi weewx[671]: reportengine: Found configuration
file /etc/weewx/skins/Ftp/skin.conf for report FTP
Nov 12 09:00:20 WeatherPi weewx[671]: ftpupload: Attempting connection to
**********
Nov 12 09:00:21 WeatherPi weewx[671]: reportengine: Caught unrecoverable
exception in generator weewx.reportengine.FtpGenerator
Nov 12 09:00:21 WeatherPi weewx[671]:         ****  cannot concatenate
'str' and 'list' objects
Nov 12 09:00:21 WeatherPi weewx[671]:         ****  Traceback (most recent
call last):
Nov 12 09:00:21 WeatherPi weewx[671]:         ****    File
"/usr/share/weewx/weewx/reportengine.py", line 238, in run
Nov 12 09:00:21 WeatherPi weewx[671]:         ****      obj.start()
Nov 12 09:00:21 WeatherPi weewx[671]:         ****    File
"/usr/share/weewx/weewx/reportengine.py", line 271, in start
Nov 12 09:00:21 WeatherPi weewx[671]:         ****      self.run()
Nov 12 09:00:21 WeatherPi weewx[671]:         ****    File
"/usr/share/weewx/weewx/reportengine.py", line 322, in run
Nov 12 09:00:21 WeatherPi weewx[671]:         ****      n = ftp_data.run()
Nov 12 09:00:21 WeatherPi weewx[671]:         ****    File
"/usr/share/weewx/weeutil/ftpupload.py", line 100, in run
Nov 12 09:00:21 WeatherPi weewx[671]:         ****
 ftp_server.login(self.user, self.password)
Nov 12 09:00:21 WeatherPi weewx[671]:         ****    File
"/usr/lib/python2.7/ftplib.py", line 393, in login
Nov 12 09:00:21 WeatherPi weewx[671]:         ****      if resp[0] == '3':
resp = self.sendcmd('PASS ' + passwd)
Nov 12 09:00:21 WeatherPi weewx[671]:         ****  TypeError: cannot