I'll try though I am not sure but what that is above my pay grade.
Clarification: it was the keyboard setting on the RPi that I changed, and
oddly enough, even setting it to US Standard Dvorak it still types the
characters of the Swiss French keyboard accurately, including the reversed
'y' and 'z' and accented characters, which to my mind it should not do but
I'm a noob on a lot of these linux features.

BTW, I was not, and am not, using quotes on the password or any of the
other FTP parameters.