On Wednesday, November 23, 2016 at 7:49:01 PM UTC-5, Dan'l B wrote:

> On Wednesday, November 23, 2016 at 3:31:08 PM UTC-5, mwall wrote:
>>
>> On Wednesday, November 23, 2016 at 3:11:58 PM UTC-5, Dan'l B wrote:
>>>
>>> Where do you place the include, and what is the format for it please?
>>>

>> the index.html.tmpl in the forecast skin shows this as well as examples
>> of how to use the $forecast variable.  you should get that skin to work
>> first, then start customizing.  i just tried forecast 3.0.8 on a virgin
>> weewx 3.6.2 installation.  i entered the NWS location id and forecast
>> office id in weewx.conf, changed forecast_source to NWS in skin.conf, and
>> everything worked.  however, the location id ISIXF1 you specified does not
>> seem to be available.
>>

> I have been unable to find a location ID that works using that USGS/NWS
> cross-reference list; all the Florida ones I try all fail; is there a more
> up-to-date page about those ID's?

what location are you looking for?

unfortunately the usgs/nws list only gives you the field office
identifiers.  you must then obtain a forecast then scan it to find your
location.

http://forecast.weather.gov/product.php?site=NWS&product=PFM&format=txt&issuedby=XXX

https://forecast-v3.weather.gov/products/PFM/XXX/1?format=text

where XXX is the field office identifier.  note that there may be multiple
pages for a single field office.  TBW has three.

the point area forecast for the tampa bay field office (TBW) includes the
following location identifiers:

FLZ248-240915-BROOKSVILLE-HERNANDO FL
FLZ151-240915-TAMPA-HILLSBOROUGH FL
FLZ155-240915-SARASOTA-MANATEE FL
FLZ052-240915-WINTER HAVEN-POLK FL
FLZ265-240915-FORT MYERS-LEE FL
FLZ248-240915-BROOKSVILLE-HERNANDO FL
FLZ151-240915-TAMPA-HILLSBOROUGH FL
FLZ155-240915-SARASOTA-MANATEE FL
FLZ052-240915-WINTER HAVEN-POLK FL
FLZ265-240915-FORT MYERS-LEE FL
FLZ248-232200-BROOKSVILLE-HERNANDO FL
FLZ151-232200-TAMPA-HILLSBOROUGH FL
FLZ155-232200-SARASOTA-MANATEE FL
FLZ052-232200-WINTER HAVEN-POLK FL
FLZ265-232200-FORT MYERS-LEE FL

for the forecast extension, just specify the first 6 characters.

NOAA is working on a new api for their forecasting and other services:

https://forecast-v3.weather.gov/documentation

when that stabilizes i might be able to zip code or lat/lon instead of foid+lid.