On Friday, December 9, 2016 at 2:11:18 PM UTC-5, Louis De Lange wrote:

> I marked up one of the files you attached to show where the problem is.
>
> In this case it shows snow of 25.4mm, which is not a sensible number to
> display since the forecast cannot possibly be that accurate.
>
> But knowing that there is 25.4mm in an inch leads me to believe that the
> forecast data is for 1 inch of snow, just getting displayed in mm.

louis,

i understand a bit more, but i still do not understand what you want.

the forecast values come from the various forecast services, then
conversions are done in weewx as necessary.

if the forecast is for 1 inch, and you specified that it should be
displayed in mm, then you'll see 25.4 mm.  if the forecast is for 1.01
inches, you'll see 25.7, or 25.65, or 25.654, depending on the precision of
the unit formatting.

if you prefer to see the snow depth in centimeters instead of millimeters,
set group_rain = cm

or are you asking that rain should be displayed in mm but snow should be
displayed in cm?

or something else?