On Saturday, December 10, 2016 at 9:27:02 PM UTC-5, Louis De Lange wrote:

> It was absolutely a matter of formatting.  With the right formatting I can
> round to whole numbers of rain or snow.
>
> I would prefer to display rain in mm and snow in cm, but there is only one
> group unit for precipitation.

dot code to the rescue!  as gary pointed out, you can use the dot code to
do cm for snow and mm for rain.

and you can also use the dot code to make the precision for mm different
than the precision for cm.

for example, one decimal place for cm, no decimal places for mm:

$period.qpf.cm.nolabel('%.1f', ' ')

$period.qsf.mm.nolabel('%.0f', ' ')

qpf is for rain, qsf is for snow (names are based on NWS conventions).

hope that helps!